Dec 13, 2010

The collection of things...

I'm obsessed with all things sweets and the concept of dessert and candy tables. This also plays nicely into the fact that I love to collect stuff (teacups, dishes, cake stands, tablecloths, etc.). My husband says I should be on that show Hoarders on TLC (didn't have to heart to tell him I found the biggest house I could so I could have more room for all my stuff-I know its a problem but please don't judge me). I love finding new uses for old stuff (and YES I admit to bringing stuff I found on the street home).

Anyway, I have seen some beautiful tablescapes, dessert tables, candy displays, centerpieces etc. lately (chalk it up to my event planner research) and I want to shout out the following for their work: Shauna Younge of Minneapolis, Amy Atlas, WhiteRoom Events of Australia and Sweet Girly Mommy of France. You should check them out at their blogs or on FB and twitter.

Below I have culled some of the best I've found for your enjoyment (note: lots of these elements can be recreated for kids parties or with your children as an activity).

Quick Tip: The key to all of these ideas is picking a theme or color and sticking with it. Grouping fair amounts of things in jars or on trays/stands gives these elements a chic artful approach.

mama mo's pretty little things...



AMY ATLAS CANDY TABLE



INSPIRATIONS FROM WHITE ROOM EVENTS
Sweet Tables...








This centerpiece overhang is a real statement and not hard to recreate:





Saw this on Apartment Therapy (if you don't own any Apothecary jars you need to get some, like 3-4 will do the trick in varying sizes):



The next 3 are all from Shauna Younge who is an amazing talent:

Halloween inspired and on a budget (all items from Target-woohoo)...



ALICE IN WONDERLAND...



PUPRLE CHIC...


WHITE HAUTE



Be inspired, make it beautiful and if you are busy...Darn it, just hire someone to do it (no shame in my game)!

Smooches Hot Chicks!

No comments :