Sep 21, 2014

Sunday Funday: NY On Location Street Fair

A little red carpet action
Its been a while since I've taken the kids on an excursion so when my fellow blogger friend Danielle from Dellahsjubliation posted about the New York on Location Festival this AM I was like BOOM! I said to my hubby this is what I want to do today.

The all day street fair (11am-5pm) and celebration highlighted the work of the experienced professionals who make what you see on TV/film possible.  Some of your favorite/memorable scenes were shot here in NYC on location (get it?) The event took you behind the scenes to see how it all works.

We headed to Astoria, Queens which is code for Long Island City to Kaufman Studios and the Museum of the Moving Image.

My oldest is interested in film making so I thought this would be fun for him. Unfortunately, in the end he as well as my entire male crew had to miss the trip.

My daughter and I had such a ball learning about all the behind-the-scenes to making film and TV shows. Keep reading for our photo recap- fun FREE times!!




STUNT WORK



 CAMERA RIGS



Techno Cranes are used to get aerial crowd shots and such


TRAILERS are used on set locations for various needs from housing the stars, catering, hair & makeup to wardrobe and production offices. Trailers allow you to service all needs directly from the truck. 

Taking a bite out of Craft Services
A celeb's home away from home



Electrical Truck

Checking out how fight scenes are made




Did you know rain machines makes smiles?


I hope they do this again next year--it was really fun. I would love to know much more in advance so I can tell more people about it.






No comments :