Nov 22, 2013

A Month of Sundays

You know that saying right? It basically means 'its not likely to happen'. Well, it seems like I haven't posted in a (all together now...) A month of Sundays but its really been 2 weeks. That said, I'm making the effort to catch you up on the goings on with the latest and greatest Chicbusymom happenings. Check it out:


COCOTIQUE Fall Brunch - I had the distinct pleasure of attending the Cocotique Fall Brunch a few weekends ago at the swanky The National restaurant in Manhattan. I along with several beauty bloggers were more than spoiled getting the VIP treatment via lush manicures, massages and beauty one on ones with the pros. Of course I was running to get there from all the Saturday morning practices with the kids and got there a tad late but clearly right on time for the delicious peach prosecco concotion (pictured) and shrimp and grits on the menu. Yummy! 



I even got to meet one of the bloggers I'd been talking to on IG, @Browngirlgumbo (I see you boo). In all it was a lovely afternoon of beauty & sisterhood and I was happy to be able to join. Shout out to Cocotique founder Dana Hill. xoxo
 Renae Bluitt and I
of In Her Shoes Blog
Next up was Veteran's Day - the kids were out of school and my babysitter was off. I just decided to take the day off too, spend some quality time with my boos and make it all about Art & Culture. There were a few gallery exhibitions I'd seen on IG, including Yayoi Kasuma & KAWS. Additionally, Lady Gaga was launching her new album that day with her own gallery exhibition. Yes, yes and yes! We drove in the city and made a full morning of it. 








First up was Art Pop by Lady Gaga in the MeatPacking District. When we walked up there was a short line that moved pretty quickly otherwise that might have been a nightmare with the kids. Once inside it was like being in a mini Lady Gaga museum of coolness including, a dance inspired video game, actual original costumes Gaga had worn on display, papered walls where you could tag your own graffiti, makeup stations (of course baby girl made me make her over a la Lady Gaga's album cover :-) and then a photo station. Not a bad first stop.







On the way to the next exhibition we went for a walk on the Highline because that's just a great way to inhale the city. And, what's a Highline visit without some goofy family outtakes (insert Hear no evil, speak not evil and see no evil shot here).




We headed up a few blocks to the Yayoi Kusuma exhibition at the David Zwirner Gallery. I had seen an amazing light show on a Refinery 29 IG post and was all in. The I Who Have Arrived in Heaven presentation features many of Kusuma's multiple paintings, video and light installations all of which are great for kids and adults. The kids even took a picture in front of the paintings that inspired them the most. 


We then walked the extra three blocks to the Mary Boone Gallery to try and see Kaws but unfortunately were told it was closed. Womp Womp! Nevertheless I highly recommend these Kusuma but during a weekday. I hear the wait can be up to 3 hrs!

That said, we still need to see Kaws and I'm super interested in taking the kids to see Chris Burden's Extreme Measures at the New Museum. Has anyone seen that yet?

Well there you have it all wrapped up in a bow. Talk soon,





No comments :