Sep 18, 2013

Back to School Fashions for the Mom-on-the-Go

Here are my top 10 easy pieces to keep you cool and stylish while getting the kids off to school.

As seen on Essence.com


Hot Tote


If you follow me then you know I'm really into blue right now and this bag has a great structured shape and is big enough to carry all my devices, plus extra wipes, and my walking flats. The color blocking is just perfect," says Leather colorblocked tote, MICHAEL Michael Kors, $378, michaelkors.com.

Sleek Slip-Ons



I'll wear these to get my kids up the three flights of stairs at their elevator-less school and then put my pumps on when I get to work.Slip-on shoes, Zara, $36, zara.com.

Jumpsuit

This easy slouchy jumpsuit works well with a white button down shirt and some gold chunky jewelry. Overall jumpsuit, Dorothy Perkins, $70, dorothyperkins.com.
Statement Necklace




I always wear a statement piece of jewelry-its my thing. It makes me feel completely dressed. It’s also a good way to add POP if you are working with monochromatic color. 
Tip: Keep a good piece like this in your desk at work in the event you are rushing out the house with lunchboxes and book bags and forget something for YOU. Chain necklace, Banana Republic, $70,bananarepublic.com.


Full SkirtI'm kind of obsessed with full skirts. They transition well from work to a potential event I may have to go to. Also, the volume on the bottom distracts the eye from the mid-section (Hey CBMs, you gotta know your body). Full midi skirt, ASOS, $64, asos.com.
Leopard Pumps
Patterns and prints are also a favorite of mine particularly leopard because they easily add a little pop to a shift dress or an all-black outfit. Calf hair chunky heel, C. Wonder, $168,cwonder.com.


Chic CoatLeather LeggingsThis leather-like legging can be dressed up with a great tunic and pump or can be a little more casual for Fridays. Faux leather applique leggings, Mango, $45,mango.com.

Everyone needs a coat with great lines. I like this one because I can layer it with a loose scarf or sweater.Box sleeve coat, Zara, $160, zara.com.
Ankle Boots
I move fast so I have to have a ballet flat or low heeled boots for all my running around in the morning; from the house to school and then to the train to the office. I must be comfortable and these get me where I need to go. Faux suede ankle boots, Forever21, $37,forever21.com.

Haute Hat


In the morning I usually do my hair about half-way before getting to work. This hat will allow me to cover my 'in progress' hair. I can make it through school drop off then get to my desk and put the finishing touches on before my first meeting. Felt floppy, Kathy Jeanne Hat, $30,lordandtaylor.com.


No comments :