Aug 7, 2013

Summer Fashion: Let's Go!


 When summertime comes around my kids and I hit the city streets for a new adventure each weekend. To find the best events for us I usually scour online sites, Twitter, and Instagram so I can make a plan 1-2 days in advance for local activities.  This summer alone, we’ve been to Shelter Island twice, Governor’s Island, the Bronx Zoo, a few pools and amusements parks…I know my head is spinning too. But they love it and I like subjecting myself to torture J

Obviously, getting around with 3 little ones requires preparedness. After I pack all their necessities up, my goal for myself is to feel comfortable, cool  and mobile in the heat. I’ve put together some of my very favorite summer fashion essentials so you too can get-up-and-go with ease. Check out the below:  

  •  A BIG BAG - I like tried and true like the Extra Large tote from LL Bean– this bag can take a licking and keep going. Its deep enough to hold our blanket, beach toys, repellent, sunscreen bathing suits AND it holds its shape well in the trunk and on the sand. 
LL Bean Tote
East Hampton Grab Bag, Toss

  • SUNGLASSES - I’m famous for losing my sunglasses but I like these from Warby Parker for a few reasons. They have a bit of weight to them so I always know where they are in my bag but not too heavy where they way down my face. I also like the company because they donate a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair you buy. 

Everett Sunglass, Warby Parker



  • WHITE JEANS – I always travel with a pair even when I’m with the kids. It makes for a quick pulled together look when I want a quick change. Tip: Always pack two pair when going away-I do because I’m a spill-er. At this price is not big deal 


Old Navy Rockstar Jeans (photo credit: lyst.com)
  •  A HAT - I like a hat to keep the sun from drying out my hair and honestly I'm a hat kind of girl. I have both versions of these and I love them:  And this Panama hat: 

Trillby Hat, Asos
Panama Hat, Panama Hat Mall


  • SNEAKERS - I’m not a big sneaker girl but if I’m doing a lot of walking around I go for a chic Dunk Wedge (always). I have these red canvas babies and they are the perfect pop of color for my outfit but definitely give my feet relief when we have a lot of ground to cover: 


Nike Dunk Sky Hi





  •  CROSSBODY BAG  like this one on the higher end:or this one from H&M  for my essentials (wallet, phone, keys, hand cream and lip gloss)



Cambridge Satchel



H&M Purse
  • BEACH COVER-UP – I received this  Missoni  one as a gift and I just love it. You can also transition it into day wear with a slip underneath and slim belt.


  • EASY BREEZY DRESSES -  That I can just throw on like this one 


  • A WALKING SANDAL – I can walk for miles in these and they don’t hurt my feet : and it’s a little nicer than a flip flop so I always look pulled together

Dolce Vita Sandal
 What are some of your favorite summer fashion essentials? I'm always down for a new item.

Smooches,
Chicbusymom


Get Social With Me:
Twitter & Instagram: @chicbusymom


1 comment :

Unknown said...

I love the LL Bean Bag!! I'm totally on it next summer. :-)