I even began seeding the idea of going bowling because I wasn't sure I would be able to deliver on her wish list until...a friend of ours came into town for a visit and told me about their apartment they had on listed VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner). The lightbulb went off!
I asked our friends if I could use their apartment on one of their available dates (they said yes) and then I offered to pay a girl in my department to help me (she offered to do it for free), and then the village (sisters, uncles, godmothers) weighed in with their help. We began with an invite of course for Jade's Magnifi-6 Mommy and Me Mani Bash! We invited her girlfriends to come with their moms and have a fun afternoon of manis, treats and an all around good time.
|The Invite courtesy of Uncle Phil and my party planning peeps!|
It was a smash hit beginning with fun Instagram moments featuring this Number 6 candle I found at the dollar store. For about a two weeks leading up to the big day the '6' showed up in various locations (the bus, a cab, in Party City and in the photo below) giving my followers a sneak peek. We even created a our own hashtag #JadiePopSix (her name + nod to her love for chewing gum + her age of course).
I'm sure this all looks like a lot in the photos but I promise it was totally manageable and much more affordable than some of these kiddie salon packages you see around. You can totally do it too. I'm so sure of it that in this post I'm launching the Chicbusymom Dailies; tip sheets & guides to help you get through life. My first one, just for you is below the post.
|Instagram collage of the '6' with the custom label |
Ginger +Liz polish. G&L worked with me to rename one
of their existing shades for her big day. Shout out
to Ginger + Liz
|Decor: All Pink Everything, Pom Poms, Snack and Candy Bar|
Cupcakes from Tonnie's Minis and personalize Plastic cups with
covers to avoid spills from the little ones.
|Magnifi-6 Lemonade of course!|
|The gifts: organza bag, the JadiePopSix polish|
& thank you card
|Collage of side by side Nail Tables, a Few Happy Friends|
and Jade and her guests in our Photo Station
|Our girls showing off their hands and a sweet gift for the birthday girl.|
|My older sister, Jade and I in her photo station. We nailed it!|
|Pink cake courtesy of grandma. Make a wish!|
The Chicbusymom Dailies: Your cheat sheet for life.
1. Budget - Set an amount and stick to it. Break out the elements within your budget.
2. Delegate - Busy moms need help. Enlist your friends and family to take on smaller tasks to alleviate the added stress.
3. Pick a day/place then start with an invite (pick a theme or a color-this will make it easier to build an idea around). I chose pink her absolute favorite color and that literally drove everything (pink cake, pink nail polish as gifts, pink candles, etc.)
- Amazing Savings (NY/NJ area) but good Dollar Stores will do the trick too
- Party City
- jcp.com - They have these new Martha (Stewart) Celebrations section on their website. The parties are color-coded and idiot-proof. You can buy a piece of a party or all of it. Genius!!