Apr 8, 2011

Handymen suck


I mean they really do. They never do what they say they will do, they never come when they say they are going to come and they always take longer to do what they promised and sometimes they don't even finish.

My handyman was around so long, my 3 year old almost starting calling him 'uncle'.
I wish there were a reliable service that I could call because I'm tired of the bullsh*t.

Or maybe I should just become a handyman--making money pretending to do stuff. Yep, that sounds like a plan.

Damn, handymen.

3 comments :

Denise said...

I just wanted to leave a post and say I like your blog...Thanks

Anonymous said...

There is something worse: You know how to do the job, but time is an issue with you. Someone has his "guy" come do it as a favor (obviously paid, so it's not a favor, but they all attempt to make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you give him PAID WORK) The "guy" said he could do it. And then he does a botch job and doesn't understand why your standards are so high. And then, he again gives a guilt trip like he's doing everyone a FAVOR by not charging extra to come out a 2nd time... to fix his botch job.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say: Your friend with the handyman connection is butthurt that you want the guy come out again, wondering why you're unhappy since you "NEEDED" a handyman.

THAT's because they assume because you hired a handyman you didn't know up from down and would accept any botch job for not knowing any better. And when you do know better, egos are bruised and still, the friend tries to make you feel bad for making HIM be the bad guy for making his "guy" come back out.