Nov 8, 2010

How adequate are YOU?

I'm constantly reminded of how inadequate I am. I'm usually late for something, forgot something or never really got around to doing something (on my list that is-because you best believe the LIST is long).

As you know I have three children and I work full-time and inevitably I'm never able to provide either of them with the required amount of one-on-one mommy and me time. I know this because as soon as they see me they are hanging on my armpits for attention (and I love them for it). My inadequacies are many but in the same regard I'm quite proud of the output or what I am able to accomplish on a daily basis.

I'm not sure I will ever measure up to the standards set for me as a wife/mother/friend but I'm definitely going to go down swinging. Anyway, if you are feeling like I am making the following suggestion.

On the last day of the week take a sheet of paper and write down what you've been able to do for the week on one side and write down what you have left. If your 'completed' list is longer than the other do the following:

1. Go to your kitchen get a nice big full wine glass

2. Open the biggest bottle of red/white you can find

3. Pour

4. Drink and smile


Its ok...you are doing OK

No comments :