Sep 9, 2013

Fall Eye Candy Trend: Jewel Toned Liner


As I look to have more great moms share their content in the Chicbusymom space I'm happy to share this beauty post by Amber Dorsey of From Carpools to Cocktails blog. With NYFW going on here it only seemed right to post a beauty trendwatch story to go along with. Thanks Amber!!

Check it out and Amber over at her blog (see below), on Twitter: @Carpl2Cocktail and Instagram: @fromcarpools2cocktails


Contributed by Amber Dorsey of From Carpools to Cocktails BlogImages from  my Pinterest via Essence.com

One of the perks of being a brown eyed babe is that the "it" colors for fall look great on us and really make the eyes pop. In perusing the September issues  I noticed a lot of celebs rocking the jewel toned eye liner on their lower lash lines so I pinned a few looks as  I knew it was something I wanted to recreate at some point.

Bottom Line


Lucky for me that opportunity came sooner rather than later when my husband surprised me with last minute Friday night drinks. I literally had just over 20 minutes to pull myself together, clothes + hair & makeup included.
Fortunately for me I work well under pressure and since I already had ideas, it was no big deal.

I began by quickly dusting NARS Bronzer on my upper lids to block shine residue and assist the shadow in staying put (normally I would have prepped my lids with an eye shadow primer but there was no time!).

First, using a light cream shadow I softened my upper lid with all over color. (Shroom by M.A.C)





I then used a black eyeliner to outline the shape of both my upper and lower lash line ever so lightly. 



Next, I lined my upper lid with black liquid liner and winged out the edges just a tad to give a slight cat- eye.



I then used a soft metallic turquoise crayon liner (Metallic Mermaid by Too Faced) to trace my lower lids just under neath my eye lashes.

   
 

I went over that with a similarly hued shadow (Tilt by M.A.C) that I dipped my wet brush into. I also mixed in a touch of  purple shadow for fun. (Plum by M.A.C) 


 


I then traced back over the black liner on my lower lash line and threw on a few coats of mascara. (wait 10 seconds between coat applications).

 



After quickly changing I applied bronzer liberally and used a highlighting wand to give me a glow. A dusting of NARS blush in Orgasm on the cheeks and I was ready to go!





 


Voila! a complete celeb inspired look in just over 15 minutes that had me feeling on trend and chic all evening! What celebrity beauty trends do you want to try this season?



BONUS!! Amber (Chicbusymom here) you’ll be happy to know that I was so inspired by your jewel tone story that I stopped by the Colgate Optic White Beauty Bar today and got MADE! I even added a turquoise liner like in the photos above.

MADE, launching in early 2014 is a new makeup lounge concept. Think what Dry Bar did for hair and Manicube did for nails. The net/net is you can get a professional makeup look in 40 mins for $40. 

If you have an event right after work or a pop-up photo shoot (stranger things have happened) or just want get glam this is right up your alley. Even better, you can schedule the MADE team to come to your office, event or party. Check them out at mademakeuplounge.com and remember you heard it here first. 



No comments :