Oct 19, 2011

The Art of Online Shopping:

I admit it, I like to shop. In my mind its all about a carefully curated look, I guess you could say my look is bohochic-- lots of print, color, sequins and plenty of accessories. I am however seriously lacking in time. There are no leisure strolls through Soho or checking out the Barneys CoOp in Brooklyn-that's just not my reality. With three children, weekends are reserved for family time. This translates to birthday parties, football games, dance class, brunch and the like. Therefore, my so-called-fashion life lives and breathes online.

And that online world extends far and wide. I belong to all kinds of daily deal sites (which if you read my blog you already know) like Gilt, Rue La La, Swirl, Hautelook, and Saks Fashionfix to name a few. This CBM's calling card is all about high meets low. I also love a good check in with my old faithfuls like the Gap, Asos.com, J Crew (they are doing some amazing things with color this season), Forever 21 and Dorothy Perkins (thanks to The Budget Fashionista for putting me on!). Most of these sites also have flash sales so you can always get a good deal or Google a coupon before you check out (Tip :-)). See below for this cute number from Forever 21 ($8.50 for that skirt- so amazing a co-worker and I both happen to wear it on the same day!)



Lately, however I've been following other blogs like Refinery29 or The Fashion Bomb as well as fashion sites on Twitter to get the scoop. For example, I'm super excited about the new capsule collections from Giambattista Valli (see below for all sorts of red leopard goodness yay!)and Doo Ri Chung (cuz she likes working with jersey and that does the body good) both for Macy's and launching the end of this month and February respectively. And God knows who doesn't love a good Target capsule moment.



All this information allows me to stay current without ever actually having to step foot into a store. I mean really shopping with 3 kids is no relaxing matter! I even get the kids clothes on some of these shopping sites - its awesome and whatever doesn't fit I just pack back in the box and use that handy dandy return label (Tip: check return policy on your purchases before checking out especially for Final Sale merch).

So if you are super busy and feeling like you need a new piece turn your iPad on and get crackin. Take your 'me-time' online and get something just for you! You can even Pinterest (online vision board) your looks from various sites to make sure they really are going to look well together (Tip). Its so easy and made for our chic busy lives. I get great deals and I love the feeling when I see that brown box arriving on my door step. Hello Lover *arms outstretched*

What sites do you use to help create your look? I'm always looking for new finds that won't break the bank but keep me looking polished.

So until we meet again...

Smooches Hot Chicks,
CBM

No comments :