Oct 8, 2012

Hotel Transylvania--Surprise, surprise

  
This past Sunday my son had his Homecoming football game. Unfortunately, the other team had too few players
and after about 3 touchdowns (us), followed by buckets of tears (them), the refs decided to call the game in our favor. So at about 10:30 am I suddenly had my Sunday back. Woohoo! 

After 20 minutes of begginig I agreed to take the kids to see Hotel Transylvania. To be clear, I did not want to see this movie. I didn't seem interesting to me with a bunch of wanna-be spooky characters with a story line trying to capitalize on Halloween. I was tempted to bribe my sister to take them while I stayed home to make dinner. Obviously, that did not happen or I would not be here typing this here review.



Photo courtesy of Wired.com and Geekdad


Hotel Transylvania, according to the movie blurb is Dracula's lavish five-stake resort, where monsters and their families can live it up, free to be the monsters they are without humans to bother them. On one special weekend, Dracula has invited some of the world's most famous monsters - Frankenstein and his wife, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, a family of werewolves, and more - to celebrate his daughter Mavis's 118th birthday. For Drac, catering to all of these legendary monsters is no problem - but this could come crashing down when one ordinary guy stumbles on the hotel and takes a shine to Mavis.

The voices sounded familiar, and with good reason, Adam SandlerAndy SambergSelena GomezKevin James, and Fran Drescher rounded it this eclectic mix of characters.


The story was funny, and actually pretty interesting. I didn't even take the nap I had planned on taking. I had a good time, but more importantly the kids loved it.  So, you can skip the skepticism, I took care of that for you already. And go see it, have a good time of your own and let me know what you think.

Best,
chicbusymom

No comments :